To buy or not to buy?

I have a weird take on this that sort of straddles the line. I'm aware
that I'm not entirely comfortable with downloading mp3s, but I do it all
the time. Stuff I get off LimeWire, stuff that is, in other words,
already out there, I'll leave in my shared folder. But stuff I rip from
my own CDs goes into another, unshared folder. If it's out there already,
fine, but I'm not goign to be responsible for sending it into the aether
myself. Most notably, I do this with any VNV Nation I have, since I know
Ronan said pretty much what Don said: it's fine to download music off the
web, but it should be the artist's choice as to whether it's available or
not.

Also, I usually find that the stuff I've downloaded is either stuff I
already own but have lost, or stuff not on CD anywhere, such as live
tracks from an artist whose absolutely-everything-else I've already
bought or certainly will buy.

Oh, and Buffy. I've downloaded a lot of Buffy.