Re: New Alanis

Well Drew,in the past 2 years I've thought long and hard about all of this
and this is just my opinion as everyone I'm sure will have thiers.
If I DL an entire album (as I've DLed about 300 to 400 in the past couple of
years)and I really love it and I really love the artist then I will BUY it
maybe not right away maybe I'll wait awhile and get it on half.com for 6 or
7 bucks.Sometimes I'll buy it new if I see it for a good price.That being
said I probably won't be buying the Alanis album
as I figure she's "set for life"(god bless her!..lol),won't miss the
sale,and she's owes me one from the last crap album she put out that I paid
15 bucks for as well as a Import version of "Space Cakes"(unplugged CD)that
I spent $30.00 on.Thank god for file sharing now the word IMPORT has become
meaningless!And all of the older listee's
know what I mean about going out and trying to find IMPORT albums because
they come out early or have an "EXTRA or BONUS" track Ugghhh!!!!
Thanks to file sharing all of that record company control bullshit is
OVER.Like I said in a previous post I downloaded all of the OTR albums
except Films which I bought the day it came out.Then I fell in love with the
band and thier "situation" and BOUGHT all of them.Because in MY opinion they
deserve the sale,and because they need the money to eat and tour.An artist
on a major label only sees 1 or 2 bucks out of the 18.99 list price for a
CD! Enough said.It's a different world now and artists and record companies
HAVE to change the way they think and how and what they market.I heard an
interview with the CEO from "Pressplay"
(the major labels new legit download service)yesterday and he said for only
$24.95 a month you get 100 streams and 30 downloads some of which
you can "burn to disc" ...LOL I wonder what he's been smoking they couldn't
pay me $24.95 to join.Thats how out of touch the music industry
heads are.Bottom line is everyone makes thier own personal decision on how
they support artists they care about now,and artists I like and care about
will always get my support in alot of ways.