jews and amelie :)

    persuade people to choose to worship God in a Jewish way.  Hence, Jews
    don't proselytize.  Something like that, anyway.

As does the Reformed church.  I find this appalling... not that they don't outright "witness" (I don't either, besides my example), but that they find it totally unnecessary.  To believe in a God that chooses people, that writes others off because, well, what the hell?  I couldn't.  Now, Jewish people don't believe in the New Testament, so I kind of get that.  But don't tell us it's because you're more tolerant or easy-going... you just don't think it'll make one bit of difference.  If you felt that burden... if you believed that people you love will not go to heaven if they don't believe a certain way... then it's a little harder to turn away.

Not that you care.... just my 2 cents.

Oh! I saw Amelie last night for the second time, and I think the ending is beautiful.  I think the two had communicated enough without words, maybe because they didn't talk, and felt so *known*, for the first time ever...  man, that movie is amazing.  I don't feel the least bit offended with them sleeping together.  Would I?  No.  But it's a MOVIE.  And it's beautiful.  No other ending would have even made sense.

Again... I'm rambling, and, oh well...

julie