Re: the trials and tribulations of jessyka and samantha detweiler

Dang, I was going to write an extensive review of my Dayton adventure, but
Jessyka pretty much covered everything.  I enjoyed hanging out with Listees
every bit as much as listening to the show.  Megan's pseudo-sign-language/
interpretive dance version of "Little Blue River" had me on the floor!
(literally) Jessyka is, indeed, very charming: a whirlwind of joy.  I'm glad
Ken and Anita were able to get in to the show; it was fun to get to know them a
little better.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to add to my list that I saw OtR at the Park West in Chicago
last spring, so that's 17 shows.  :-) And I've seen Monk three or four times
now, and I was at Linford's solo piano gig in Livonia, MI.  Most memorable
shows:  the Cambridge shows were memorable, despite the awful venue, because
there was so much musical power trapped in such a small room.  The Rhinelander
Roundup weekend in 1997 was also wonderful.  I got to meet Dug!  I really wish
I could have heard him do Jack's Valentine with the full band.  I only got to
hear a partial, solo, recreation after the fact.  ;-)

I'm so glad Jessyka got home safe.  What a crazy drive!

What a wonderful weekend!  Thanks to everyone!
--
Don Smith                    Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                          http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"just because you're fighting evil doesn't make you good" - Rabbi Dobrusin