Re: My two cents worth

--- Ysobelle at aol_com wrote:
> 1. The Buffy thread, like the movie threads, the
> book threads, the
> fashion threads, etc., showed up, lasted a couple of
> days, then went
> away. The Christian theology threads come up over
> and over and over and
> last for days and are usually multiple. It's a
> thread that comes up
> second only to actual OtR discussion, I think.

I think I see an important distinction here.  You're
saying this as if all threads/conversations that have
anything to do with God/the Bible/Christianity are all
about the same topic.  They are not.  That would be
tedious.  I think if you'll look back you'll see that
they've covered everything from God as a title,
evolution, the morality of war, and on and on and on.
They aren't the same topics at all.

> 2. Buffy is a pretty universal thing-- anyone can
> watch or not watch as
> they choose, no matter how they were raised or what
> they believe. It's a
> TV show.

But I know a lot of people who are at least as
offended by things they see on Buffy as some seem to
be by these threads here.

 If you're interested, you can check it out
> one evening when you
> have nothing else to do. Or not. Christianity is, as
> I think people have
> said, a discussion generally of interest to
> Christians.

And Buffy is a discussion generally of interest to
Buffy watchers.
(I tried to watch it once.  Didn't care for it.  I
prefer Ms. Gellar as a brunette in - oh what was that
movie based on Dangerous liasons with Ryan Phillipe
and Reese witherspoon...yeah, that one.)

Kelvin

=====
What if the hokey-pokey really IS what it's all about?!?