My two cents worth

OK, I lurk often and don't say much (maybe I don't say enough sometimes...),
but I figured I'd put my two cents worth in on this discussion of whether or
not we should discuss religion here.  As a Christian, I believe that my
relationship with Christ is a part of every aspect of my life, or at least
it should be.  As such, the subject of Christ is woven into a vast number of
conversations for me every day.  Now, I admire and respect those like Ysoie
who choose to keep to themselves regarding religion; I just don't happent to
be that way myself.  Not a day goes by that I'm not telling someone about
what Christ has done in my life or what I've seen Him do in the lives of
others.  I don't see that as pushing my beliefs on anyone else or
"proselytizing", any more than, as J. Marie said, recommending Over The
Rhine to any music fan.  I simply try to be careful not to intentionally
offend or malign anyone; hopefully I've stayed true to that and will contine
to do so.  I'm sure there are others on this list who profess Christ and who
feel the same way.

The way I see it is that we are free to discuss a myriad of topics on this
list.  We're also free to stay away from those topics with which we don't
identify or agree.  There are quite a few threads that I tire of quickly and
don't care to hear any more about; those are the ones I usually delete
without reading after a while.  For example, there was a recent discussion
of Buffy The Vampire Slayer that went on for several days.  Since I don't
have an interest in that show, I grew tired of the topic, and I began to
delete the emails related to Buffy.  Those of you who don't want to talk
about religion can do the same.  (Gosh, I hope that last statement didn't
sound too flippant.)  That's the beauty of this list and the people on it;
there are so many opinions and lively discussions, but at any given time,
any one of us is free to tune out what doesn't appeal to or interest us.

Chris