-----Original Message-----
From: owner-over-the-rhine at actwin_com
[mailto:owner-over-the-rhine at actwin_com]On Behalf Of
JaunasAddiccion at aol_com
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 10:29 AM
To: over-the-rhine at actwin_com
Subject: Re: bowie, nin, higher powers, etc

<At that time Trent and David were cooperating on each others' albums and
live performances.>

i was fortunate enough to catch one of these shows - and let me just say
that trent plays a wicked sax and bowie made hurt sound soooooooooo much
better (i didn't think that was possible)

as for his albums, i'd have to say that i personally like broken far more
than any other for my own reasons, that, if you care, you can email me and
find out on your own, don't wanna do it on the list.

speaking of nin, if anyone has an instrumental version of closer, let me
know, i'd really like to have it - the music's great, but i think the lyrics
just get in the way.

<In our culture, it's considered disrespectful to write out the name of the
Creator/G-d/however you choose to say it in a transitory medium. Paper
burns, stone crumbles, etc. Thus one never writes it out, really.>

i have extended this myself to include not using the flag as a symbol of my
freedom or pride in my country.

<By that standard it's no one's business what music you listen to or what
your political views are.  Both are rather personal, and yet both (at least
the latter) are topics here as well.>

well, that's rather simplistic though, see belief, or lack of belief, in a
higher power is more than just 'personal', it's at the core of many people's
belief structure. whereas mayn people will put on music just for background
noise - they pay no attention to what it means and what it says or is saying
about them. and even for music fans, the level of 'personal' used for music
is far different than that used for a  relationship with a higher power.

as for the saturday show, i was planning to drive down, but it's sold out so
i won't bother - no matter how much fun it is to spend time with you people
(does that sound derogatory?)

damn you guys are too much fun - i don't participate in most of the
discussions about religion, but i enjoy reading the endless, unwinable
argument about it.

as for the vampire sexuality thing, if you're wondering that much about how
fictional vampires get it on, or if they do, etc, i think you may just have
a little too much time on your hands - brings back memories of mallrats "is
his dork made of orange rock too?"

and censoring g-d? what is that all about? how can one censor anything to be
from the almighty? if the point gets across, what difference does it make
that a letter was omitted?

okay, i think i've said too much as it is, back to work.

---dan in michigan
np: esthero; superheroes