region coding DVDs

Christian D Lindemer <CD-Lindemer at wiu_edu> wrote:
>> Family Guy Season 1 DVD, Futurama Season 1 DVD
>
> Whoa!  Whoa!  Hold on there - those DVD sets are
> OUT!?  I was expecting them to possibly be released
> later...well dang I've missed announcements.

i got the Region 2 ones from the UK, since i got a
region-free DVD player.  the ones from the UK will
*not* work on a regular North America DVD player.

Region 1 Futurama Season 1 will not come out for
2-3 more years in the US- due to syndication rules.

Region 1 Family Guy Season 1 has not been talked
of yet.  i'd wager 2-3 years for that one, too...

> Where did you find them?  I just tried amazon.com
> because they usually have everything...no dice.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/

Family Guy Season 1 (2DVDs) translates to about
$33US, Futurama Season 1 (3DVDs) to about $45US.

HTH!
Dan

np: living sacrifice - reborn

=====