Re: ...And All That Could Have Been (was Re: exile)

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Steve Cunningham wrote:

> The second disc (there's a 1 disc and 2 disc deluxe edition), called
> "Still," is another one of Reznor's reworkings of old material, but this
> time he does it right.  It's a very melancholy disc, with things like "The
> Becoming" and "The Fragile" reworked into subtle, haunting songs.  There's
> also a few new songs on the disc as well, and it's well worth it.

How about that guitar in The Becoming!  I need to learn how the heck Trent
could play that so fast...

> There's also a 2 DVD set which every f#@king store within 30 miles of Ann
> Arbor was sold out of by the time I got out of class on Tuesday.  You have
> no idea the ire that this causes me.

Due to the total inability of Best Buy to cancel an online order
effectively, I should have a second copy of the set delivered shortly.  I
stopped by a Brick 'n' Mortar store Saturday and snagged a copy early, so
I didn't need me pre-order any more.  Of course BB couldn't just cancel my
order, nooooo...

> Anyways, the album isn't really necessary for casual fans, but it's just
> about 2 hours of extremely solid, consistent music, and how often does that
> happen these days?

Pretty much my sentiments.  The only real thing for casual fans here is
probably "Still" which, as I understand, is being sold separately from the
deluxe CD set as well as bundled.

-Smitty