Re: Tribute CD & Concert

Rick Callender <binkmeisterrick at yahoo_com> wrote:
> what was even more pleasantly suprising was that i
> received a handwritten thank you from lindford and
> karin for contributing to the album. (i recorded
> freebird.)

i did "iron man."  it was a nice surprise to have
karin and ozzy sign my copy.

(not really... i did the silly-ass version of
"jack's.")

> the fun thing about the album is that it is so
> very diverse in sound and style. some tunes remain
> faithful to the originals while some are COMPLETELY
> off the beaten path.

i tended to like the more "off beaten path" ones...
overall, it's a very diverse and enjoyable album.

> here's the next crazy idea:
> why don't we all get together and put on a
> rhinelander concert for the band? let them sit
> and listen for a change? :{)}

bruce and i were talking about this around the time
of the third deadline for submissions... um... sept
2000...

it would be fun.  i can't do a performance piece
for mine.  unless it's put on wax, and i get some
DJ skills... :)

i could just hit play.

fake van gogh,
Dan