Re: we just have a different crutch

 >> I'd prefer "Smoking Dopes", 'cause, with respect to
loverly Liesel, smokers are dopes.

>>are there any other smokers on the list...we are addicted and mostly hate
>>the addiction except when we love it ..Liesel

How long have you been smoking? I used to smoke, and at first it was
comfort, then something to keep my hands occupied when nervous or  to keep
away certain people who hated smoking and whom I had little time for. I
understand totally, it was always there, a solace. Thankfully I didn't smoke
for long.  I had health problems, that got me hooked to medication and I
managed to wean mself off those, and figured that if I could do that, I
could stop smoking. You have to set your mind to it, and not have any
cigarettes around you, or friends smoking them, or smoke filled bars for
quite a while.
I was always terribly defensive, sometimes disappearing on my own to smoke
when I was on crutches  was the only way I could have a break from the
people who stressed me out. You have to give up for you (oh, I know it's a
cliche) I guess smoking was more of a crutch than my actual crutches....
Although having said I've given up, when I've had one too many glasses of
wine and someone near me starts to smoke, I metamorphose into a 'social
smoker.'  *sigh*   Although I do believe it's been about five months or so
since I last touched one.....yay!!
I don't think anyone's going to judge you too harshly
((masses of hugs))
Tasha
((who's recovering from her embarrassment))

"It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance,
it's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance.
It's the one who cannot be taken, who cannot seem to give,
and the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live."
{{::Amanda McBroom - The Rose::}}