"Smoking Popes" (was Hillbilly Love)

>on 1/9/02 11:01 AM, Scott Ulrich at ulrichsd at hotmail_com wrote:
>
> > BTW, the band name "Smoking Popes" is pretty cool too.

I'd prefer "Smoking Dopes", 'cause, with respect to loverly Liesel, smokers
are dopes.

The name reminds me of Fr. Guido Sarducci's "People's Catholic Church"
wherein anyone could declare himself or herself a Pope.  Guido did, being
the founder and all.

I've been told I look like Guido, or Weird Al, but I think I look more
like...well, let's just say Marc Price or Kevin Smith.  (The real answer
would appear as a desperate cry for help.)

Anyhow, I'm thinkin' of defecting to the ppl's CC, and declarin' myself a
Pope.  Then ya'all'd HAVE to respect me.  Ya'all.  (There, I said it.  Take
that, 3rd person purists!  Speakin' of...)

Peter, care to come along and end the need for upper vs. lower case
Catholicism?  Join me, and together we shall rule the galaxy as Pope and
Pope.

Infallibly,

His Homeliness, Matt Mark I