Re: naming of inanimate objects

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Thurman Allen II wrote:

> i have a strange obsession with naming inanimate objects.  hold over
> from my childhood where i used to feel bad for my silverware when i
> wouldn't use them, thinking they thought they weren't as important.
> examples (bonus if you can guess the references):

i was a strange little girl  - i didn't name things. i called them by
their noun.

my bear was 'bear' for example.

my other sisters named their stuffed aniumals full names like Victoria
Jennifer, and other such long grandiose names.

i had a doll, once i think - i called it girl. it died a horrible death
while exploring the amazon. (: my doll didn't do tea.

anyway, now i don't name things either. my car is a car.

except you kind of have to name computers, programs and the like. my
computer is hobbiton.

rhys

--
chomp while $carrots >= 1;