Re: Grammys

In a message dated 1/6/2002 11:29:12 PM Eastern Standard Time, kingmaker at earthlink_net writes:

Maybe I'm biased, but the biggest oversight of the Grammys is not
recognizing Over-theRhine.  I'd stack Films for Radio against any nominated
album to see which one I'd be listening to in 5 years and FfR would win
hands down.  The problem with the Grammys is that they are tunnel visioned
to the mainstream commercial aspects of the industry.

Great point!  I do wish that, not just Over The Rhine, but many lesser-known groups would get their chance in the Grammy spotlight.  Who knows?  Maybe it will happen someday...

Chris