Re: Grammys

Grammys Schmammys.....

Maybe I'm biased, but the biggest oversight of the Grammys is not
recognizing Over-theRhine.  I'd stack Films for Radio against any nominated
album to see which one I'd be listening to in 5 years and FfR would win
hands down.  The problem with the Grammys is that they are tunnel visioned
to the mainstream commercial aspects of the industry.  I remember when U2
would have laughed at a Grammy nomination.  If the Grammys truely rewarded
artists for the best achivements among their peers, then they wouldn't
nominate Steven Tyler and Aerosmith EVER again (stop the screaming already);
and Faith Hill for that cheesy ballad from the movie Pearl Harbor "There
You'll Be"?  Oh come on!  From what I can tell the "Recording Academy"
wouldn't recognize anything that didn't put huge wads of cash in their
pockets.  This list has discussed a number of interesting and certainly
talented bands that deserve recognition.  To my mind, the Grammys and all of
the other award shows are a crock.  And for what its worth, U2 hasn't put
out a record worthy of their talent since Joshua Tree.
(Begin flaming now)

David

David Dean
Department of History