Re: matt's take

On Tue, 1 Jan 2002, The Mattrix wrote:

> > > Okay then, if the humans at that time were interbreeding with
> > > angels, the human gene pool was being corrupted.  Since Noah was an
> > > upright man, he and his family were "pure" humans.  So, God didn't
> > > do anything more than wipe out impure humans, both spiritaully AND
> > > genetically, which is clearly an act designed to preserve us as a
> > > species, as opposed to wiping us out.  The death tool was
> > > staggering, but the damage had been done already.  How's that sound
> > > then?
> >
> > Well, for one thing, it's based on the wild assumption that Noah, his
> > wife, and the three girls who married their sons were somehow the
> > *only* members of the *only* family lines that were not the product of
> > interbreeding between humans and angels.
>
> Sorry if I wasn't clear.  See above: "...God didn't do anything more
> than wipe out impure humans, both spiritually AND genetically..."

Ah, right you are.  I must have missed that because the flood was only
capable of destroying the *genetic* impurities.  It certainly didn't wipe
out the *spiritual* impurities, as the behaviour of Noah's family (to say
nothing of we, the rest of his descendants) indicates.

> So, Peter, you don't like coffee or tea, eh?  How about an Itallian
> Soda?

I think I've had a few of those.