Re: So.

In a message dated 1/1/02 2:44:10 AM Central Standard Time, Ysobelle at aol_com
writes:

<< How was everyone's Yule, anyway?

quiet and uneventful.  I had to work NY's eve until around 7:30 and hadn't
made any plans, just figured I'd spend it with the same friend I often have
in recent years.  We usually head into Chicago to a small club for a live
show.  Well, last year I spent it with the girl I was seeing at the time but
that ended 4-5 months ago.  Anyway, found out he had to work it so I called a
couple others but they were already out somewhere so I just resigned that
this year I'd spend it alone.  So that's what I did. Sipped some wine, read a
bit, then from 11-12 I watched Bono being interviewed on Charlie Rose. Turned
off the TV a few minutes before midnight and just listened to the sounds of
celebration going on outside as the new year rang in reflecting on being 41
and single, thought of a few old friends, my last girlfriend, and what they
all might be doing on this new year and wished them well to another glass.
Piddled around on ebay a bit and crashed.
  Got up this morning and decided that with the whole day off I'd have me a
little Buffy marathon so I started with the premier of season three and went
through the first 7 episodes under a blankie on the couch in the living room
and a couple cups of hot chocolate with only a few breaks inbetween.  (I
think the tainted chocolate episode has gotta be one of the best for humor)
Man, am I boring couch potato or what?
  Thought a few times today of calling a girl that I met at a play a couple
weeks ago but frankly, I'm a bit tentative about the whole thing.  I know I
gotta get back in there but my relationships always seem to end in one of two
ways, her leaving and me wondering what I did, or me trying to figure out how
the hell to get out of it ciz she's driving me nuts!  Besides that, she's
over 10 years younger than me.

well, if you've made it this far you're probably going zzzzzzzz about this
time so I wish you a good evening and...... WAKE UP!!!! so I too can wish you
all a
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

np: Daniel Amos - Mr. Buechner's Dream