Re: new year's content(edness)

since i don't 'celebrate' new year's eve, i turned down the offers to go to some lame parties with the few friends of mine who didn't run off to new york.
instead, i spent a much more prosperous evening planning my spring trip - it has, seemingly on it's own, grown to a huge month-long event since i first mentioned it in october.
here's the story, for those who care -
my mom lives in phoenix and, since she is low-income, she lives where 'they' (the government-paid housing authority) tell her to. her latest move will coincide with the end of the semester for me, the last week in april, so i decided it would make a nice road trip to go down to see her. i originally planned on making it a two week trip, but, the more people who hear of my trip, the more who want to see me.
long story short, i will now be gone for roughly a month throughout the country:
phoenix, colorado, utah, california, new orleans, florida, an virginia our my current stops (not in that order). i wanna work in ney work and seattle, but have no reason to go there, other than i just want to, but that's not a good enough reason to tack on a few thousand more miles, well, i don't think it is at least.
since the end of april is 4 months away, i just planned the financial aspect of the trip at this time, the itinerary can come later.

then i put on the shawshank redemption and watched it again. this time i noticed different ways that it parallels my life, as well as life in general. it's funny how things work out like that.

i couldn't sleep (as usual) so i went for a walk at 3 in the morning, i figured that it would tire me out. it didn't, and i got back at 4:30 to sit around and play some video games. the sun doesn't rise here in winter until 8:15 or so, and i think i fell asleep right before that. oh well, i missed the first sunrise of the new year, there's always gonna be another one next year, and last year's is still fresh in my memory, despite all that the year had brought.

okay, i'm gonna stop rambling now so you can all return to your day off (unless you have to work, in which case, my heart goes out to you).

enjoy your year everyone.

---dan in michigan