things that generally suck ass, IMO... (partial OtR content)

i'm a generally happy guy.  i'm way laid back.
i'm not even in an outrage, but i gotta say,
some things really suck ass.  this is mainly a
rant, mainly a 2001-in-retrospective post, and
mainly a waste of time while i'm on lunch and
trying to let the naproxin sodium kick in.

2001 was pretty good, overall, for me.  2002
is off to a bad start.

people having to work today, January 1st, 2002-
that sucks ass.  our parent company did not
feel it necessary to push back the deadline for
the month-end financials ONE STINKIN' DAY, so
we've gotta work today.  i bet the person/people
who made that decision aren't working today.

someone should get kicked in the nuts for this.
i'm a pacifist in nature; so someone else should
kick someone in the nuts for this.  sorry, that's
my Eric-Cartman-watching coming to the forefront.

one stinkin' day.  oh well.

it wouldn't matter too much if the people in my
field location wre in today, too- so i could get
some work done.  they're not there, so what good
is this?

oh well... i'm done with that ass-sucking part of
the post.  i think i might have a new years
resolution to only post 52 times this year.  once
a week.

i doubt it'll hold.

2001 in retrospect (most of this is music-y)~

GOOD THINGS:
 <->i got a new job and moved down to Cincinnati
back in March.  i don't like the job now (big on
the no challenge thing), but it's a great city.

 <->Sugar & Spice restaurant on Reading Road off
of the Norwood Lateral is heaven.  blueberry
pancakes and a popeye omelette.  yum!

 <->i ran into a very wonderful woman at an Over
the Rhine concert at Bogart's 9 months ago, and
she's quite definitely the love of my life.  no,
it wasn't Karin.  it's quite a wonderful thing
meeting who you're supposed to be with.  she's
cute, artistic, and quite joyously my companion.

 <->i (*me*) helped carve a quite large Dinosaurs-
in-Nursery-Rhyme sandsculpture at the Kenwood mall.
i did small stuff (eggs, vines, ferns), but it was
fun.  i think the entire project was 50-70 tons of
sand... but then again, i have no clue.

 <->went on business to Portland and Seattle.
might venture out there someday to live.  we shall
see.

 <->went to Sanibel Island, FL for a week.  truly
glorious.  off season-my ass.  it was beautiful
and relaxing.

 <->i haven't had time to go to many concerts this
year (comparative to past years), but some of the
BIG ones that i caught were: Incubus (twice),
Radiohead, U2, A Perfect Circle, Sunny Day Real
Estate (or was that 2000?)... would have seen Tool,
if it weren't for the #1 bad event that happened
this year.  that's not why it was bad, though.  it
was bad for far worse than missing Tool.

 <->movies of the year: O Brother Where Art Thou?,
Moulin Rouge, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back,
Memento, and i'm sure that i'm forgetting something.

 <->DVDs of the year: Sevendust Retrospect, When
Incubus Attacks Vol. 2, Simpsons' Season 1 boxset,
Wallace and Gromit (finally released in the United
States on DVD).

 <->new artists for me in 2001: Sunny Day Real
Estate, Coldplay, Travis, and probably a couple
other wussrock outfits.

 <->i'm an insane obsessive compulsive accountant-
type... and i'm listening to my CDs from A through
Z again.  i'm up to Dream Theater, and I'm quite
happy of my progress in the past 30 days.  last
time i did this, it took 3 solid months.

 <->Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a great TV show.
yes, you nay-sayers.  it freakin' *IS*!!!

BAD THINGS:
 <->needless to say... 9.11.01.  to be honest, it
was good for the sensationalism of it.  then it
sunk in.  fuck!  this is insane.  how?  why?  what?
why?  you start to feel somewhat normal about it,
and then hear about someone who lost someone in the
buildings.  a truly evil day.  much pain then and
going forward.

 <->on a FAR lesser note... no new Chroma Key this
year.  only one mp3 of new stuff even released.

 <->Tori Amos' DVD collection was supposed to come
out November 2000.  2000.  got pushed off about
every month of 2001.  on Dec 30, 2001, it was
cancelled.

Pink Floyd needs to tour again,
Dan

np: dream theater - falling into infinity -and-
                    christmas fanclub cd 1998

=====
+- Galactic Cowboys http://www.dlm.net/gc/ -+
   Pixie Princess Studios: