Re: matt's take

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, The Mattrix wrote:
> Okay then, if the humans at that time were interbreeding with angels,
> the human gene pool was being corrupted.  Since Noah was an upright man,
> he and his family were "pure" humans.  So, God didn't do anything more
> than wipe out impure humans, both spiritaully AND genetically, which is
> clearly an act designed to preserve us as a species, as opposed to
> wiping us out.  The death tool was staggering, but the damage had been
> done already.  How's that sound then?

Well, for one thing, it's based on the wild assumption that Noah, his
wife, and the three girls who married their sons were somehow the *only*
members of the *only* family lines that were not the product of
interbreeding between humans and angels.

> It's really difficult to debate this with you.  I don't pretend to know
> the mind of God, and can only make logical guesses.  When I say
> something along the lines of "The Lord works in mysterious ways", it
> sounds like a poor explanation, or a cop-out, but really, what more can
> I say at this point?

Well, so long as you're honest about it being a poor cop-out ...  :)

> > > Ah, but God told Abraham that He'd spare Sodom if he could find ONE
> > > righteous man.
> >
> > . . . in Genesis 18:32, God actually says he will spare Sodom for the
> > sake of *ten* righteous men.
>
> Yeah, but the point that only one would suffice always seemed really
> clear to me.  Maybe its just me.(?)

Apparently so.  Unless you can find a verse supporting your position.

> ps HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Ditto!