Re: matt's take

>From: "J. Marie Hall":

>hi matt and list,
>
>this was a fun post.  you are _too much_ fun :)

Glad you enjoyed it, dear!

>matt wrote:
>
>Yep, but those people are fools!  God loves violence?
>Wouldn't that
>make
>God evil?  If God is evil, wouldn't we be screwed?

JM replied:
>-->well yeah :)  but i'm going to play devil's
>advocate for fun: is violence inherently, 100% evil,
>biblically speaking or otherwise?  if it were, would
>god so feasibly order that whole communities of men,
>women, children _and_ their animals be wiped out???
>and i doubt it was by lethal injection.

God is all about upholding righteousness.  The unrighteous get punished.
Does a parent who spanks her brat deserve to be called a child abuser?  If
the answer is "yes", the I guess God is a genocidal maniac.  More than
likely, though, He's just givin' us a large- scale spankin' in the examples
you've cited.  What doesn't kill you, (the species as a whole) makes you
stronger, ya now?

So, it's not that God loves violence  God is a good parent.  Did your mom
ever spank you?  Did she also used to sneak out at night with a choice piece
of cutlery tucked under her trenchcoat?  See my point?

Okay, I've got no more time for goofy pseudo-intellectualizin'.  With
apologies to Dan in Michigan, I've gotta get ready for w-o-r-k. :-(

Later,

Matt