Re: 29th Sonnet [was sonnet 1]

In a message dated 12/21/01 8:44:33 AM Central Standard Time,
prestokelvo at yahoo_com writes:

<< No you just didn't!  I wanted to say that.
 Sonnet 29...perfect poetry.
 Makes me feel like I feel that way when in reality it
 is just that I feel like I would really love to feel
 that way.
 Know what I mean? >>

i think I just may get what you mean. My mother had a copy of the sonnets - a
left over from her school years (she hated/hates Shakespeare). At times I
would pull the copy off the shelf and read. I thought they were so beautiful
even if the meanings evaded me at times.

Cut back to my mother who was an avid follower of the late 80's tv show
Beauty and the Beast staring Linda "Terminator" Hamilton. In one episode, the
Beast recited the 29th Sonnet. His reading sent shivers up my spine! I
remember sitting spell bound in front of the TV allowing the words to wash
over as I teared up. That night, I once again grabbed the volume and read the
Sonnet over and over until I had it committed to memory.

Something about THAT sonnet made me feel like someone understood how I felt
in my awkward teen years. I also found there is hope among the sadness.

Rose