LOTR

Well, i saw it, and yes, folks, it's as good as advertised.  i don't have time to give a full review, but Ian McKellan was great, as was Christopher Lee (Saruman).  I went with a friend of mine who had not read the books, and he was on the edge of his seat, especially when Gandalf fought the balrog and when Boromir was fighting the orc-things.  i thought it followed the book fairly well, and off the top of my head, i have no real complaints about any changes or omissions the writer's had to make.
see ya