Re: OtR Tonight/New Discussion topic

hi sue :)

--- sruss <sruss at kent_edu> wrote:
> I have chosen not to have children,

I don't want to have any either.  I've never heard one ticking or one
ringing alarm going off.  I think my clocks broken and I'm not
bothered by it one bit.  My closest friend just gave birth to her #3
last week and I love 'em all.  My aunt&uncle have 17 grandkids.  We
spend a couple weekends w/ them a year and its a known family joke
that "Michelle shows up for her yearly dose of birth control".
Seventeen short, tall, little, big, smart, goofy, laughing human
pills of BC.  ;)  Granted I'm single and my mother says, "just wait,
the right man will want kids and you'll want them with him."  To
which I say, "mom, the right man won't want kids either."

> there seems to be quite a stigma hanging over childless
> people....particularly those who are childless by
> choice.
> seems like society frowns upon people like me who choose
> not to have them.  Words like "immature" or "deviant" are often
> used to describe people like me.

I personally haven't felt this or noticed it.  Not that it doesn't
exist, it just hasn't appeared before me.  I'm also just a big kid
myself, like my father (who is 62 and still giggles, a lot.  its
really friggin' cute), so maybe I don't pick up on it cause people
are glad I'm not pulling a bunch of mini-michelle monsters around
with me.

having visions of being that long haired, combat boot wearing, flask
toting, owner of 40+ cats old broad the neighborhood kids will one
day call; Old Chellie, The Amonia Lady,

michelle

well, i just made myself 'completely' unappealing now didn't i?