Convictions (Was: Re: my boy problems (almost no otr))

In a message dated 12/17/2001 5:26:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
youaremorethanyouthinkyouare at yahoo_com writes:

> May I say that I
>  never intended to imply that the Scripture I was going
>  to lay down was the be all end all of my viewpoint,
>  which is all this was anyway.  My viewpoint, what I
>  believe.
*snip*
>I am sorry if it came across
>  strongly in any other way.

No, I don't think it did, really.  We just kinda picked up the ball and ran
with it, far past where you were going with it.

Which is a good thing.    I think most of us tend to debate this stuff for
it's philosophical worth, and to test our own beliefs, not to truly try to
convince anyone of anything.  Most of us, despite the occasional inflammatory
post, are capable of allowing for alternate viewpoints, regardless of how
strongly we feel about our own.

I, for one, am delighted that you brought it up, not because I agree (it'd
never work for me, personally) but because you've helped me clarify some
things I've been pondering, and the resulting discussion opened all sorts of
other lines of thought for me to pursue as well.  A good intellectual workout
is a good thing.  Don't apologize for inspiring one!

I wasn't, btw, at all intending to be condescending (Thank you, Kelvin, for
pointing out that it might have been taken that way, and giving me the
benefit of the doubt...), I was merely giving *my* point of view, fwiw... and
maybe being a bit too harsh in 'predicting' what would happen in your future.
 I apologize if that came off badly.

And please DO hold onto your convictions... whatever they may be.
Self-awareness and self-assurance are also very good things... if, as you
stated, you're a Christian, you are, ultimately, answering to God, and then
almost immediately afterward, to yourself... and only after -those- judgments
are answered do you have to worry about the people you care about, and after
THAT, maybe, if you ever even get around to it, and it wouldn't matter if you
didn't, you can worry about answering to the world.

Glad you enjoyed the show... hope you continue to enjoy the list, too.  :)
Anita