Re: random question time

--- Hazel410 at aol_com wrote:
> Telling a girl you don't want to spend the money on her is what is
> provoking the reaction.

Well yea, if thats what was said to me, I pry wouldn't be too
thrilled either.  But he didn't say that.  Or did he?  Dan in
Michigan.. you didn't you say 'that', did you?  *prepares to gasp*
 ;)

D-man in Mich. said:
> "it's 8.75 a person for a flick around here, and it's $18 to buy a
> dvd, so i'd prefer just to spend the money on buying a movie
> instead"

Me being me, I like that thought, I like that logic.  That doesn't
translate to, "i don't want to spend money on you", to me at all.  It
pretty much just says, "it's 8.75 a person for a flick around here,
and it's $18 to buy a dvd, so i'd prefer just to spend the money on
buying a movie instead".  I'm also a movie freak in my own little way
so the actual watching of the movie has more of an impact than the
where and how much did he spend on me does.

> Logic doesn't matter here.  (Does it EVER, in love?)

On that note, I'd just like to express how relieved I am that I don't
find that *one* attractive feature in the opposite sex makes for
love...  Even more relieved that dinner and a movie doesn't make for
love in my eyes either...

> "But hon, I'd really rather be able to look at you and
> _talk_ to you... and I can't do that if we're in a movie..."

Again, me being me, "...it's $18 to buy a dvd, so i'd prefer just to
spend the money on buying a movie instead", basically says the same
thing.  In other words, if I were to attempt to translate that
thought to Estrogen/Progesterone, the two phrases are one in the
same.  The way *I* look at it is this, if women want/expect guys to
speak the ancient language of Estrogen/Progesterone, its only fair we
learn Testosterone, petroglyphs 'n all.  Compromise baby, Oooh yea.

Then again I think I may be one of them plain and simple gals who
didn't think there was a right answer to that question, but a collage
of different views.

michelle