Re: OtR food

What an interesting question.  If I took OtR's music and translated it into
food, what would it be?  I'm not sure I could pick just one meal; it would
contain so many mutually contradictory dishes.  Let's start with Good Dog Bad
Dog.  Faithfully Dangerous is definitely a thick, warm stew on a cold, snowy
night.  Probably something like potato-leek with lots of kale, and a hidden
touch of cayenne to keep you from taking it for granted.  Willoghby is a loaf
of fresh bread, rye with caraway seeds, hearty and filling, still steaming....

I just looked out the window, and it's *SNOWING*!!!!  Woo Hoo!!!!  Probably
won't stick, but dang, that's a sight for sore eyes.

...Latter Days is a glass of deep red bordeaux that reflects and refracts the
candlelight of memory, while Jack's Valentine is a side dish of spicy green
beans (steamed such that they're still just a *little* crunchy) with sun-dried
tomatoes and almonds.  A Gospel Number is a festive salad, perhaps with sauteed
pears, dried cherries, walnuts and crumbled blue cheese on it.  Go Down Easy is
a bowl of vanilla ice cream with honey on it, eaten veeeerrrrryyyyy
slooooowwwwwllllyyy.

Eve would be a very different meal, I think.  :-)

Help me spread my table...
--
Don Smith                    Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                          http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"Some people dream of fortunes, while other people dream of cookies."