Re: mormon tales (was Re: okay...I'll join in...)

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, rhys daily wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Bob the dancing monkey wrote:
>
> > Those poor missionaries...<laughter>
> >
> > You know, there's a part of me that wishes folks wouldn't bait these
> > guys quite so much.  I mean, they're seekin' the Truth as well, but
> > just in a way that doesn't do it for me in any way.
>
> true. but you don't have to bait them, to get them to a) see another
> point, or b) just go away.

Good point.

> my dad would always say (he's cool!) - no, i odn't want to be married to
> my wife for eternity.
>
> that usually consternated them a lot.
>
> they are Latter Day Saints (they think it's rude to be called Mormon)

I think it depends on the denomination of LDS.  Some of them quite like
'mormon'.

> > (ask me my thoughts on Cthulhu sometime...) doesn't do much for
> > ourselves, or for them.  So the cynical side of me wants to yell,
> > "Honey!  We've got new sacrifices for today's Mass!" or freak them out
> > with a full-on
>
> what's cthulhu?

Anyone else want to field that one?  My version will take more time than
I've got at work today.

> rhys
>
> --
> chmod a+rwx /bin/freedom

A geek who doesn't recognize Cthulhu.  What's this world coming to
<grin>...

-Drew J

O ^ ^     Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA )
O(_|_) Tengo gusto de comer creyones. -Elian Gonzales, 4/27/00, Goats: the  X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) -----------------  comic strip |