Re: Taft show and post-show Uno's gathering

Hi all...
Need to add my two cents and echo all of the 'wow it was so neat to meet
everyone" comments.

Ken and I arrived early at the Taft, so we stood up on the balcony
speculating about identities... (it was quite an odd experience to know that
I knew thirty-some-odd people walking before me and to not have a clue who
was whom!  Well, Ysoie and Bink were easy enough, but they came later...)

I was waiting for David to arrive, as he was the only person there that I'd
actually met before!  (Being an introvert, I'm not much for walking up to
complete strangers, even if we *have* been talking for months on here... )
But David was sweet and introduced Ken and I around to everyone and so then
they (you) weren't strangers anymore!

I wasn't overly impressed with Erin; I thought she was an excellent
performer, full of energy and good at the warm-up-the-crowd banter, but her
music just isn't my cup of tea. I bit TOO showy, maybe?  Not sure.  I just
wanted her to either stick to the stand-up routine, or get off the stage.  ;)

Buddy and Julie Miller were so all-over-the-map that it was hard to determine
whether I liked them or not..  I was tempted at one point to say that her
voice reminded me of Cyndi Lauper (speaking, not singing) but then she
started singing bluegrass, and I couldn't see the similarity anymore.
Thought the trash can bit was cute.  Probably won't buy their albums... I
just didn't get a feel for what they're *really* like.

OTR was terrific as usual, but I do agree with whomever suggested that they
seemed subdued.  Very glad that they included Moth and Miles... but I wish
they'd done Jesus in New Orleans again, instead of Green Clouded Swallowtail.
 Liked the new Christmas songs quite a bit; they certainly do fit in with the
'dark' theme of their past Cmas songs!  :)

Caught up with the listee crowd after the show, and Bruce was kind enough to
round up and escort a whole gaggle of us over to Uno's.  (Bruce, thank
goodness, is -not- an introvert!)  And what a fun bunch of people!   (Thank
you, Nikki and Drew, for demanding the stand-up and say-hi bit for those of
us less brave... the world needs more friendly extroverts...)

Sat across from Kelvin and Liesel (terrific to get to chat with you two...
you're both very interesting, attractive, and obviously intelligent people...
(and both single, yes?!  hmm...))  and with the crowd that Scott mentioned
(the A is for Anita, Scott, but no worries, I'm miserable with names also!)
Particularly enjoyed the Megan's Orbitz comments; I thought I was the only
person who remembered those drinks!  :)

David plopped on the other side of Ken, and they talked about
school-building-assessments for a while (it's such a teensy world sometimes!
Good to see you again David... thanks for the intros!!)  Wish I'd had time to
chat with Nikki... we never managed more than a Hello!  (Next time!)  Missed
meeting Jessyka, and hope she feels better soon!

Oh, and I also have to add how nice it was to speak to Steve, who came around
personally introducing himself and when I asked if he really came all the way
from CA *just* for the OTR show, very sincerely said that no, he wouldn't
have trekked all the way to Ohio *just* for the concert... it was the listee
group that made it worth the trip, that that was why he came.  It is
unfortunately rare to meet someone who can say such things without sounding
trite and cheesy; Steve seemed really genuine, and I was impressed.  (If I'm
mistaken and just being gullible again, don't anyone disillusion me, ok? :)

Sorry that we didn't make it to The Brunch, it looks like we missed a lot of
fun...but we slept late and then opted to drive around Cinci (I'd never been
there before, and Ken knows it moderately well... and we're both architecture
geeks so we had building-looking to do.)   We even popped over to Kentucky
briefly, and ended up in Over The Rhine having brunch in Kaldi's (excellent
rum-and-cinnamon french toast, and the toasted chestnut coffee was
out-of-this-world scrumptious!)   Had to scoot back to Columbus fairly
quickly after that; Ken's office Christmas party was that night, but we
thought and talked about you all (so if your noses were itchin', that's
why... ;)

So.. my curiousity has, for the moment, been assuaged (we'll see how long
this lasts) and I'm delighted with the experience.  Look forward to seeing
some or all of you again... why don't you all come to Baltimore or (more
interestingly) DC, soon?

Thanks for the welcome...
Anita