RE: Hello Fellows

--- Matthew Cranford <mrcranford at earthlink_net> wrote:
> Welcome Katherine,
> Good luck with the listee's. Not the most inviting
> people, mostly
> self-absorbed

I know I'm kind of late in my response to this but...

Actually, I was just wondering why you thought this.
It might be good for all of us to hear what you're
thinking...why do you feel uninvited?  Why do we seem
self-absorbed. ?

I would encourage you to stick around.  When you walk
into a room full of strangers do you immediately go to
them and expect to feel/be treated as if you'd always
been there?  probably not.  Same thing here.  It's not
that you're not invited or wanted.  I think people
that have been here for a while check out the newbies
just like newbies check out the list.  Only difference
is that newbies can lurk for a while in effort to "get
to know" the list.  The list, however, can only get to
know the newbie through his/her post.

I guess what I'm saying is that while you're already
in the "yeah, I'm ready to jump in here" phase, the
folks on the list may just be in the "hey, who's this
new cat?" phase.

Give it time.  It's worth it.

KElvin

=====