Nothings safe

Thought'd I'd throw my two bits in.  Hi, i'm another Chris, btw.  Not a fellow, btw (Rhys, Judah, Chris...we are all confusing...or confused).  I hoped off and on the list a couple years ago and decided to poke my head back in and see how ya'll are doing.  Recently removed to Seattle (love it) I have to say i'm jealous of everyone with access to the Christmas Show.

Anywho.  I've definately been eating more meat since i got married.  gotta feed the man meat, ya know, but before that I was mostly into vegetables, chips, salsa and margaritas.  Basically potatoes are cheaper than chicken, ya know.  But recently the best argument I've heard for not eating meat is so much of it is totally over injected with antibiotics and it is causing bacteria to be even more resistant.  As if the overprescribing of them isn't enough.

but then vegetables are all covered with chemicals.  Nothing is safe.  I learned this week that they have to spray apples to death because the only ones that taste good come from grafts and clones.  Since the trees aren't developing at all, they can't build any defenses against the bugs...but the bugs keep developing defenses against the pesticides, so they have to spray more and more.  Grapes and cucumbers are pretty bad too.

I still eat them.  ya gotta eat something.  Maybe I'll just stick to chips and salsa.

peace out,
chris

Follow-Ups: References: