Re: OtR in the workplace

ysoie said:

> >> My manager-- the one I despise, yes-- called my OtR CD (FfR, I think
t'was)
>  "suicide music." >>

to which jan replied:

>  My former manager forbid The Darkest Night of the Year to be in our
holiday
> music collection a few years back for similar reasons...

and to that i say:

i cannot possibly understand this sort of response from managers.  my boss is
absolutely FABULOUS for so many different reasons, and somehow i think that,
if we didn't work in a day care (for i can't justify playing over the rhine
for my three year olds...i don't think they would get it, and it's not really
music that we could use for dancing/exercising), peg would gladly listen and
appreciate the wonder that is over the rhine.

and JUDAH:

go see over the rhine.  take a road trip.  i was trying to explain this to
jeffo, who has also not seen them live...when you see them live, you'll
understand.  it's a completely different experience and all of a sudden your
cds will be outdated and annoying for not being as awesome as them live, but
you'll continue to listen, as they will be the only way for you to get your
over the rhine fix until the next time they come to town.  i think that is
accurate...i know it has been for me.  i *love* the song *strength*, but i
didn't worship it as i do (and stevieboo and jeffo know how much i do worship
it!) until i heard karin wailing live...it is AMAZING!

happy wednesday everyone!  anita, i will be writing you back later tonight.
:)

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka