RE: OTR-the neighborhood

Drew wrote:

>I live in Cincinnati and wouldn't go to Over The Rhine these days if
>it can possibly be avoided. MAIN STREET is _probably_ okay. However,
>where you'd have to PARK to get to Main Street most likely is NOT
>okay. You should not be surprised if your vehicle or (worse)
>yourselves are ...messed with... when you're down there.
>  Besides, you can get a> better coffee b> cheaper in a c> nicer
>surrounding just by going up to Hyde Park. No need to risk it going
>to Kaldi's.

This may seem like sarcasm 'cos it's from me and that's what I'm best at.
It's not intended to be.

It's a common sociological fear that suburbanites have of urban areas, and
this is the root of Drew's fear of downtown.  He lives 20-25 minutes from
the area discussed and probably gets there 3 times a year after dark.

Don't sweat it, kids.  Drew and I are big and hulking and scary, but I
personally know lots of little dainty folk that frequent the area, own bars
down there, etc.  I get to night time Over-the-Rhine once a week usually.

Bruce