technical shelving details; principle 4 may help buffering; OtR content? maybe.

>>>do you shelve all of your cds chronologically, or together with the rest of the artists?<<<

Um.

1.  I alphabetize by first letter, and first letter only, first.  Thus Phish could come before or after Tom Petty, as long as all the Ps are together.

2.  Then I keep any individual artist/group together and range the individual artist/group's CDs chronologically.

3.  But I ran out of space on my spinner, so I bought some shelves.  And the stuff on the shelves is only the best stuff.  No need to buffer anyone over there, b/c they're all good: Adam Again, Beatles, Clash, Over the Rhine, U2, you get the idea.

4.  So both spinner and shelves are alphabetized by the principles in 1 and 2, but the shelves are guaranteed high quality.  There's high quality in the spinner, too, though, so while shelves=high quality, spinner doesn't necessarily=low quality.

Some chaos.  Mostlty order.  I know when things are missing, usually, and I can easily find what I want, usually, and that's the point.

I feel so naked,

Fred