Mpls shows and Baraboo, WI

All right, kids...lots of folks seem to be coming to the Fine Line
shindig.  This is terribly and wonderfully grand.  And indeed, a
get-together before or afterwards seems lovely.  There are a bounty of
like-minded beautiful curmudgeons coming from my place o' worship (my
lovely bride being one of them, as well as a bevy of 20 and 30somethings
that we get together with on Saturday nights for Bibles and beer - that
wee study group is taking a holiday, being uprooted and is taking a field
trip to the Fine Line for close to the Darkest Night of the Year)...

What sort of before- or after-time get-together would you folks be
interested in doing?  I have a terribly fun idear of grabbing ribs before
the show (seems completely appropriate to me for some reason) at Market
Barbecue, where the ribs are meaty and and tender and not messy-saucy
unless you want them to be.  Or somebody in the Cities open up their place
in the early afternoon and we might then order takeout from the greatest
Rib Joint in the Cities, Scott-Ja-Mama's Barbecue.

Or it could be a completely non-rib experience, and we could do something
else beforehand, or we could grab coffee at one of the later-night joints
in Uptown post show, open to all, sundry, and their brothers.

Which leads me, somehow, to two other observations:

1)  For those Mpls VoL fans:  the Vigilantes are returning to the Twin
Cities.  It's at some church in North Mpls, but details are that on
Sunday, Nov 9, Bill and co. are doing their thing at Hope Church on
Hodgson in Minneapolis.  For $2.  Weird, but true.

2)  For those foodies out there who take 90/94 on occasion between the
Cities and Madison/Milwaukee/Chicago:  there is a place that must be
visited if you are not in a rush.  In classic Wisconsin style, there is a
really good fusion cuisine place in Baraboo, WI that also has a good wine
selection, a great selection of bottles (beer), and a nice espresso
bar.  Very groovy.  It's called the Little Village Cafe, and I highly
recommend the Southwest Catfish.  146 4th Street in Baraboo (you have to
drive about ten miles to Baraboo proper from 90/94, but it is well worth
it)

-Drew J

O ^ ^     Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew     )
O(_|_) Tengo gusto de comer creyones. -Elian Gonzales, 4/27/00, goats.com  X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) & goats.com (drew at goats_com)  |