Re: Newcomer

>From: "Matthew Cranford" Hello everyone, I'm Matt.

Hi, I'm Matt too.  Sci-fi/comics/anime/theology/alt music Matt.  I've
watched your intrduction go unanswered for a couple of days now as we've
gone about our self-indulgent discssions, and felt the need to entend an
olive branch before classes resume and I'm unable to find the time to do so.

I've been an admirer and avid listener of Over the
>Rhine's music since 96'.

But why?  The beat?  The song writing?  Karin's bouts with sensuality.  Or
is it the rapturous pursuit of tangible grace?  (Or a combination of all
these?)

It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I found
>their web site, and I just discovered this discussion link. I hope to have
>the time to involve myself in some of the discussion.

My advice, be persistent OR be controversial.  It can be hard to get noticed
'round here.  The people here are great, but the list is kinda sorta bound
to the normal behavior of any closed society.  (i.e. closed.)

Happy Thanksgiving! We
>have so much to be thankful for.

Which reminds me...whoever it was on this list who wrote me that lengthy
letter that was prompted by my remarks about the feelings of isolation
induced by being both a cultural Christian and a Catholic, thanks.  I read
every word and was moved, but I lost the message before I could reply.
(Please drop me a line to let me know you've read this and have been
properly thanked!)

God bless you all...Matthew

You too bro.  Welcome!  Please stick with us, there are some truly
upstanding human-type people here in Over the Rhine.

Back to school,

Matt