Re: Bird by Bird

>> I'm re-reading Bird By Bird now to get me fired up about writing
>> again.  I love that book too.  So there's a double recommendation.
>> Has
>> anyone else read her stuff?
>
> I'm a fan and find myself rereading the book when I need a writing
> lift.  I'll never forget the first time I read her chapter on rough
> drafts.  I hadn't realized there were others who were afraid they
> might die before getting to rewrites and who worried that people would
> read the roughs and think the worst. <g>  Nothing like a paranoid
> writer.

I've found myself, and many others, reading her books and saying, or
thinking "oh good, I'm not the only one.  I thought I was psychotic."  I
think that's part of her genius.  She's real and honest, and you can
identify with her on so many levels.

BK

PS. (unrelated) I just heard the new Paul McCartney when I was home for
the weekend.  I fell in love with it.  I need a copy. I'm going to blow
all my money on music, between these sorts of things and OTR coming out
too.....