Re: Er?/ Taft

>--- Matthew Mesina <soberman_69 at hotmail_com> wrote:
> >
>Perhaps they want
> > to police it a bit?
> > Can't say as I blame them, if that is indeed the
> > case, but I gotta appeal to
> > Linford's better nature by echoing the words of
> > Basil Fawlty: "This is
> > exactly how Nazi Germany got started!"

To which Kelvo responded:

>That's quite a stretch, ain't it?
>Not even close to the same thing.

THAT'S THE POINT!!  "Fawlty Towers" was a comedy starring John Cleese.  If
you haven't seen it, my heart weeps for you.  (But is is available on VHS
and DVD.)

Anyway, ironic humor has been explained on this list before, so I leave you
all to your regularly scheduled discussions...

For my part, I just wanna add that I'm probably too shy to go to the Taft
show and meet you all, but am still wonderin' if any good seats may be
available at this time.  I love Julie and Buddy Miller, and have yet to
experience OtR on their home turf.  What to do?

-Matt