Re: Taft Show before and afters

On 11/18/01 4:41 PM, quoth the effervescent verdi_cries217 at yahoo_com at
verdi_cries217 at yahoo_com:

>What I really want to know is -- Is their any
>gatherings before or after the show other than the
>next day brunch?  I wont be able to come back to Cincy
>the next day, but would like to at least grab a bite
>to eat or a drink or two with a group of you fine OTR
>listees and fans.  Please someone (Bruce, Dan,
>anyone...) write to me and let me know if anything is
>going on.  I'd be grateful!
>Thanks!  ~~ Jessica

Well, what I'm still thinking is the plan is hitting Uno's after the
show, since they didn't seem to have any vast difficulties accommodating
us two years ago(?), and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

That'll need a head count, though and, to be polite, reservations.

Last time was one of my funniest memories of any Rhinelander gathering
ever. No one could decided what to do, and the night was getting colder
and more hunger-inducing every minute. We were in one place that was too
crowded and expensive. So I was grumpy and tummy-rumbly, and I announced
to no one in particular that I was going next door to Uno's to see if
they could seat us. I think one or two people said they'd come with me.
So I walked in, sussed out the manager in the back corner behind the bar,
and asked if he could find room at the in for me and just a few friends.
He looked at me a moment, then his eyes grew wide and his jaw slack. I
wondered what I'd inadvertently said, if somehow the thought of real live
_people_ in his restaurant terrified him-- and then I turned around to
discover the entire Lostee List had quietly followed me, in a line
stretching through the bar and out the door, and all were staring at said
manager, mutely beseeching, like a pack of pizza-starved Oliver Twists.

Except we tipped WAY better than Oliver could have, and I know I, at
least, am not that thin.