Re: RE: Buffy

On 11/15/01 12:28 PM, quoth the effervescent
michael.cade.liv1 at statefarm_com at michael.cade.liv1 at statefarm_com:

>My brother has been on me about getting into Buffy, and now it is a list
>thing.  That gives two very high recommendations.  So what do I do now?
>
>My brother doesn't have any on tape.  I looked at ebay and all they have for
>season 1 are DVDs that only work in special players.  What can I do?  Do I
>have to start at the beginning or can I just jump in now.

I would actually peruse the old episode guides here:

http://www.buffyguide.com/

FABULOUS episode guides with full synopses, memorable dialogue lines,
explanations of references (once Buffy made a reference to Hunter S.
Thompson, and I didn't get it until I read about it here), screen
captures, and referbacks-- including which previous episode is
referenced, etc. They're a few episodes behind, though, but if you dive
in now, you should be able to get the jist of the story.

Also:

http://www.psyche.kn-bremen.de/

and go to the "Temp. Buffy and Angel Shooting Scripts." Everything's
there up to "Flooded," a few weeks ago on Buffy. There's also an nearly
complete list of transcripts AND, most exciting, a whole BUNCH of sound
files from nearly every show, including, it seems, the songs from the
Musical, which I won't listen to until I actually get to SEE the thing.

And then you can come here and ask me or jg or Dan questions. I didn't
reeeeally get into Buffy until about two years ago, so I'm a little
spotty, too. But ask away!

And now, I think I've let everyone here know just a little too much about
my obsessive personality. Oooh, look, I'm late to work! Bye!