Re: Buffy

Michael Cade wrote:
> My brother has been on me about getting into
> Buffy, and now it is a list thing.  That gives
> two very high recommendations.  So what do I do
> now?
>
> My brother doesn't have any on tape.  I looked at
> ebay and all they have for season 1 are DVDs that
> only work in special players.  What can I do?  Do
> I have to start at the beginning or can I just
> jump in now.

i jumped into Buffy just this past spring due to
an utterly, ravishly beautiful woman that i met
at an Over the Rhine concert (*chomp :x).  almost
8 months later, and i've got a pretty good handle
on Buffy... but i've yet to see any season 4...
coming soon for me on FX...

if you would have asked in late August, i would have
said... get FX!!  they've been playing all of the
Buffy's in syndication from the first episode.

we've been taping them... but it'd be too many to
lend out to you... i think we're on Tape 12 or
something crazy like that- which covers seasons
1 through 3.

i'd still say, watch FX.  Buffy is on 6-8pm in Nov,
and 4-5pm or 7-8pm after November (November was a
special 2/day month for syndication whatnot).

there are also some boxset videos out there...
the Angel chronicles, the Slayer chronicles, the
1st season (6 episodes of it)... those might help
you get a good idea.  check your local Blockbuster
or Hollywood Video to see if they have them for
rent.

it's a great show.  i never would have guessed.
i almost laughed when my girlfriend said that she
was a big fan of it.  now i see why.  it's a
great show.

nuff said,
Dan