RE: flirt...flirted...shall have been flirting

Title: RE: flirt...flirted...shall have been flirting

>> I wonder if my nosering will pose a problem when I go
>looking for jobs
>> next spring. I'm crossing my fingers that it won't. That would be
>> silly anyway, right?
>
>i think it might depend on which line of work you want to go
>into. and at
>that, nose rings aren't that exceptional these days...
>
>programming, techinical work, work where you aren't in super formal
>business like areas, you'd be fine. places that wear suits and stuff...
>maybe

It also depends a lot on the company itself.  We have a "relaxed" dress code, their term is business casual, but a lot of stuff is pretty straight laced around here.  We have approx 5000 systems employees (mostly analysts) and I have yet to see a nose ring around here.  Of course in the area I'm in (assembler programming) I think I'm on of the few employees that don't use walkers.  Most of the senior analysts just walk away and shake their heads when they see the 8 x 10 picture of Michael Knott at my desk where he is covered with baked beans and Neapolitan ice cream.  I have no piercings, a little ink, and spend about 10 minutes a day with my headphones off.  I am the radical in group.

Michael