RE: Eve trading cards--And the winner is?>>>>

Title: RE: Eve trading cards--And the winner is?>>>>

  I didn't
>mean to get both the patience tapes.  I thought the bidding
>would go more the
>way of the eve cards on those tapes, but oh well.  It's charity.
>Mark

When I saw you had an early high bid on both of those tapes, I thought there was a chance that you would get "stuck" with them both.  I already had one of the tapes, so I wasn't all that interested.  You can always put one back out there (after telling everyone on the list how totally cool the tape is and how they can't live w/o it) and try to resell.

Anyone else get the "sorry, but Paypal isn't free for you anymore" note?  That really is a drag, I sell a little of this and that and never go over the $200 monthly amount.  But now if I want to accept Paypal, I have to pay business fees.  I was pretty cool buying and selling and never having to outlay and real cash, just keep a running balance in the Paypal account.  Oh well.

>> Actually it was a little over $46. I'll tell all about them
>as soon as I
>get
>> them. They just seemed very interesting and not of the norm.
>(Which is why
>> tried so hard for them.)

I'll have to head down to the basement and see just what is so 46 dollarworthy about those cards.  I know I picked them up at a show somewhere and thought they were pretty cool (I think a couple are even autographed) but they have been lurking in the file cabinet with other assorted OTR stuff for a couple of years.  Maybe I should dig at all out and make a stalker's shrine or something, I even have a candle from way back.

I saw that Mark (Black Draver) was
>high bidder on
>4
>> of Shelly's other auctions.
>> When I was explaining all of this to my husband, he was more
>amused that I
>> knew so much about you guys.
>> I guess I'm not lurking any more. :)

My wife thinks it is all very amusing as well that there is this little group of us out there on the net.  I think she actually got on the computer this year (had to type up a resume).  I mentioned a possible get together for the Schubas show and her only response was "are there gonna be guys in skirts there again?"  I guess Bink made quite an impression at last years Christmas pre-show dinner.

We're still open to getting together before Schubas or something.  John (big-light), I'll be the one with my Ayn Rand book ;-)

np: Alice Cooper - Last temptation  (I saw this one mentioned on the list and it just came in, has only been in the player for about 5 min.  Too early to tell)