Re: moths and flames

The quickest way to search the archives is to go to each month, and use
the "find in page" option of your browser. Search for "Dillard" or
"Moth" and you'll get close, I think.

-John

Melanie Shannon wrote:

> would someone please do me a favor and tell me (again) where i can find
> the archived discussion where moth is related to annie dillard?  i think
> it might have just been a passage from an dillard book about watching a
> moth burn on a candle.  ('just,' haha.)  my brother has been asking to
> read this, and i have a terrible time searching the archives.
>

> many pre-emptive thanks.
>

> melanie
>

> My only gift is making a mess of things,
> my only calling to be a failure,
> but at least I sign my name to all these misconceptions
> and on a really good day life is sort of a ramshackle version of heaven.
>
> -Linford Detweiler

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"The market is the reason our housing is so expensive. It is the reason
our public transportation is lousy. It is the reason our cities sprawl
idiotically all across the map. It is the reason our word processing
programs stink and our prescription drugs cost more than anywhere else.
In order that a fortunate few might enjoy a kind of prosperity unequaled
in human history, the rest of us have had to abandon ourselves to a
lifetime of casual employment, to unquestioning obedience within an
ever-more arbitrary and despotic corporate regime, to medical care
available on a maybe/maybe-not basis, to a housing market interested in
catering only to the fortunate. "
	-Thomas Frank