Re: The Strokes

In a message dated 10/30/01 4:27:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com writes:

<<
 Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:47:37 -0700
 From: "Arthur Dent" <kenlovesbrenda at msn_com>
 Subject: the strokes

 for those of you who care about these sorts of things, i just picked up T=
 he Strokes cd .  . . it's pretty good, in a pretty lo-fi sort of way.  wh=
 ether they are the saviours of rock as some have dubbed them to be remain=
 s to be seen, but with two full listens under my belt, it is growing on m=
 e more and more.
 ken >>

Yeah, they seem very low-fi, but very hip. I haven't listened to them yet,
but I did see their video on MTV2. Very retro. If it wasn't for the
BUZZWORTHY tag emblazened in the corner of the screen I would have never
guessed it was a new video. Is anyone else here digging Vespertine? The
choir, Bjork's voice...it's just great.

I wonder who will open the Taft show this year. The last two years have been
great, Sixpence/Ron Sexsmith and the year before Leo Kottke. Those are pretty
good opening acts in my book. Does anyone have a "wish list" for the opening
acts?
I'd kind of like to see Radiohead (of course I'm dreaming). On a more
realistic note, maybe someone like Emmylou Harris? Cowboy Junkies?

Brittney