Auction: Serpents and Gloves

This is in no way related to Shelly's auction...but old swag from the
early days?  Cool.

Ok, we got tremendous response in regard to Sherry and my extra two copies
of Serpents and Gloves.  Which is a trifle odd, as the last time we looked
into this, we got no response.  But hey...

So here's the skinny.  We've got three copies, and we've two extras.  We
don't really feel like making a bunch of cash off of this, but we'd like
to recoup our expenses of shipping.  And the current bravado of so many
out there to buy/sell on behalf of charitable giving gave us the idea of
having an auction on behalf of Habitat for Humanity, one of our favoritist
charities.

We are going to have a quietish auction, off-list.  Anyone who wants to
bid on the tapes can send us a bid to my e-mail address (that's
djohnson at snowplow_org).  Each day, I'll check the high bids and e-mail all
the people who have bid thus far on the tapes the amount of the two
highest bids are (sans _who_ is bidding.)  If you want to bid higher than
the high bid, send me e-mail.  We'll keep going til we're done.  If
several people bid the same highest price, I'll pull names out of the hat.

If you e-mail me, I am going to assume that you are serious about  the
bid.  Groovy?

Up for bid are two different VHS copies of Over the Rhine's Serpents and
Gloves.  There's no booklet that I know of with it, but if anything came
with it, we'll send it along.  These are the original tapes, along with
their tape sleeve.  Any bids put on the otr mailing list will be
discounted and quietly chortled at.  All money not used for shipping will
be donated to Habitat Humanity.  Sherry and I'll make no cash for this.
But we figure it'll be fun.

For those old in the ways of OtR, these are not part of the numbered
batch, just plain old VHS tapes.  The one who bids the highest gets the
tape with the cute little Scampering Songs Rat on it.

Minimum bid:  $10 (including shipping)

Again, please do not post to the list for this one...

Cheers,
-Drew J

O ^ ^     Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew     )
O(_|_) Tengo gusto de comer creyones. -Elian Gonzales, 4/27/00, goats.com  X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) & goats.com (drew at goats_com)  |