Re: Poe and Jonatha

Hi,

Quoth Rinda:
> I'm a huge Jonatha fan, but I've never heard any of her stuff with The Story.
> I take it the CDs are worth searching out?

Good heavens!  How can those first two clauses go together?  :-) Are they worth
searching out?  Absolutely!!!!  I heard the first Story album first, so that
will always for me be the standard against which the others are judged.  The
first disc isn't as diverse, musically, as the second, but they're both
fantastic.  I started listening to them right about the time they broke up, so
I never got to hear them sing together, live.  Sigh.  :-( I tend to prefer
Jennifer Kimball's stuff, anyway (her solo stuff is highly recommended!) to
Jonatha's (which is not to say I don't like Jonatha's work), so I have a bias
towards the collaborative stuff that has Jennifer in it.  Also, I've met
Jennifer and she's a wonderful person, and I don't know Jonatha at all (never
even seen her play), so there might be a personal bias there.  :-) At any rate,
do not delay and find those two CDs!!!!  You won't regret it.

Dang, now I want to listen to them, and the CDs are at home.

Yours,
--
Don Smith                    Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                          http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/

"No bad dog no stay, no basement no way, no choke chain no sit lie down
beg roll over stay..."              - Dog Dreams, The Story