Re: here's a question- (otr content!)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Liesel tarquini" <lieselmarietarquini at yahoo_com>
To: "Melanie Shannon" <arwen725 at hotmail_com>; <OncleBoo at aol_com>; <Over-the-Rhine at actwin_com>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 9:56 AM
Subject: Re: here's a question- (otr content!)

arwen725 at hotmail_com> wrote:
> > this reminds me of poe's album 'haunted,' i think is
> > the title.  it's
> > concerning the death of her father, and the entire
> > album utilizes old home
> > recordings of his voice- with the family, and giving
> > lectures to a class.
> > very interesting.
>
> this is a great album, i had no idea about the history
> behind it -- i had wondered though.  there are clips
> in it that literally make my skin crawl, but 'wild'
> and 'not a virgin' (not to be confused with madonna's
> 'like a virgin'-- what a ridiculous song) are such
> fantastic tracks i accept being momentarily creeped
> out.
>
> regards,
> liesel

I'll agree with Liesel that "Haunted" is quite excellent.
Her brother also has a book, "House of Leaves", along
the same lines and I think she references it on the album.
I bought the album around this time last year after hearing
an interview with her on our own WOXY, but only
first started getting into it around the New Year driving
up to Petoskey, MI.
There's a fairly cool website -- http://www.p-o-e.com
and for the Ohioans/Cincinnatians among you, she will
be at Bogart's on Monday Nov, 12.

Follow-Ups: References: