Re: here's a question- (otr content!)

john-

thank you so much for your response- so insightful, and right on the mark
(in my opinion).

it's so interesting to think of otr songs as psalms.  i'll have to think
about that as i listen anew.  the psalms have such an honest quality about
them- a way of working out a reconciliation between one's humanity and God's
holiness.  or maybe not reconciliation, but an acknowledgement of the
disparity between the two.  make sense?  i certainly hope so- because it's
also one of the greater things i have always loved about over the rhine.

and probably has something to do with my own current disenchantment with
evangelical Christianity, et all.  i know i won't fall off the cliff, but
i'm tired of worrying about its existence so much.

i'd still be interested in listening to an album where the lyrics followed a
thread, start to finish.  certainly someone must have done that...

anyway, thanks.  and is it just me, or is the list wacky again today?  i'm
used to about fifty messages in the morning, not three.

melanie