Re: Newbie with a question...

> > > The question I would like to ask...
> > >
> > > What group/artist do you like the most that is NOT
> > > similar (opposite) to
> > > Over-the-Rhine?

okay, okay, okay.  i'll bite.  how about bjork, beck, fatboy slim, pink
martini, or stereolab?

melanie
(who listens to lots of music, but is now wondering if it all doesn't sound
like over the rhine- or if none of it does.)

The children could tell, from Phil's statement about everything and
everybody having a good side, that he was an optimist.  "Optimist" is a word
which here refers to a person, such as Phil, who thinks hopeful and pleasant
thoughts about nearly everything.  For instance, if an optimist had his left
arm chewed off by an alligator, he might say, in a pleasant and hopeful
voice, "Well, this isn't too bad.  I don't have my left arm anymore, but at
least nobody will ever ask me whether I am right-handed or left-handed," but
most of us would say something more along the lines of "Aaaaah!  My arm!  My
arm!"

-Lemony Snicket, The Miserable Mill